The Town of Reading is hiring a Full-Time Elder/Human Services Clerk. 37.5 Hours Weekly/Benefits Eligible, Expected Hiring Range $19.56-$19.94 per hour. 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical support duties related to the daily operations of the Pleasant Street Senior Center.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions and information as needed.
- Assist with serving and clean-up of food during special events.
- Assist with periodicals and brochures keeping the bulletin boards up-to-date.
- Assist the Elder Human Services Administrator and Senior Program Coordinator with the care of the Pleasant Street Center notifying Facilities as directed through the use of School Dude software.
- Monitor computer room supplies for shortages and reorder as needed.
- Assist and train volunteer receptionists.
- Assist Senior Program Coordinator with the accuracy and attendance of participants in MySeniorCenter service tracking software.
- Provide support to the Administrator and Program Coordinator with preparations at the Pleasant Street Center for holidays or events.
- Assist with monthly newsletter and program information including proofreading.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service workshops and conferences as directed.
- Scheduling and confirming annual tax appointments and keep detailed “wait list”.
- Coordinating transportation for Pleasant Street Center.
This is a full-time position scheduled for 37.5 hours per week, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- High School Degree; additional certification in office management a plus;
- Two years proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role;
- Experience working in a hospitality or support role with the elderly;
- Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment;
- CPR certification and Choke-saver certification.
Applicant should be able to meet the requirements of the position as outlined in the attached position description for Clerk-Elder/Human Services. Applicant should state education, training and experience which they feel has provided them with the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications will be accepted in the Human Resources Office, 16 Lowell Street, Reading, MA 01867 and online at www.readingma.gov until filled.