The Select Board will be meeting tonight at 7pm in the Select Board meeting room at Town Hall. The board only has two brief items of discussion on the agenda; a Continued Hearing on a Change of Manager – Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza and the Appointment of SB member to the Designer Selection committee for the feasibility study for a new senior center. The public hearing was continued from the prior boards meeting on September 26th when a representative from Anthony’s was unavailable at their meeting.
In terms of appointing a board member to the designer selection committee, the Town is requesting the qualifications of a designer to provide professional services during one and perhaps subsequent multiple Project phases for a new senior center. As noted in the packet:
- First, in Phase 1 (1-2 months) the Designer will prepare a Facilities Program Study, using the information developed by ReCalc and the UMass Boston Center for Gerontology, and potentially additional input, to identify the interests and needs of the various stakeholders in order that the Owner may select a Design Program(s). The interest and needs analysis should include inter-generational programing. The Community feels that a significant amount of information has been gathered and explored that the Designer can use to complete Phase
- The Community would prefer to limit any redundant work.
- Second, in Phase 2 (2-4 months) the Designer will complete a Feasibility Study investigating multiple options to a high level of detail to arrive at a Preferred Option based on the program, needs and interests identified and selected in Phase 1.
- Third, in Phase 3 (2-4months) the Designer will complete Schematic Design plans, high level specifications and cost estimates for the Preferred Option.
The abbreviated complete agenda is listed below:
- 7:00 Overview of Meeting
- 7:05 Public Comment
- 7:15 SB Liaison & Town Manager Reports
- 7:30 CONTINUED HEARING – Change of Manager – Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza
- 7:45 Appointment of SB member to the Designer Selection committee for the feasibility study for a new senior center
- 7:55 Discuss Future Agendas
- 8:00 Approve Meeting Minutes
The 7PM meeting will take place in the Select Board meeting room at Town Hall. The public can attend in person or watch via several options: via a broadcast on RCTV’s YouTube channel at this link or on the RCTV Government Channel (Xfinity ch 22, Verizon ch 33). The Zoom link for this meeting is: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87509416187