As previously announced, accessible shuttle buses will replace Haverhill Line trains between Ballardvale and North Station for 58 days from September 9-November 5. This service change allows crews to perform Automatic Train Control (ATC) work. ATC is a federally mandated safety system that sends signals to trains about potentially unsafe conditions, automatically slowing and stopping a train if needed.
- Shuttle buses will replace train service between Reading and Oak Grove where passengers can connect to Orange Line subway.
- A shuttle bus will also provide service between Reading and Anderson/Woburn for connections to the Lowell Line and Haverhill Line.
- The shuttle service between Reading and Oak Grove will stop in Wakefield, Greenwood, Melrose Highlands, Melrose Cedar Park, Wyoming Hill, and Oak Grove.
- North Wilmington Station will not have shuttle bus service with passengers encouraged to utilize Lowell Commuter Rail Line service at Wilmington Station instead.
- Train service for passengers between Ballardvale and Haverhill will be re-routed along the Lowell Line after Ballardvale, making one additional stop at Anderson/Woburn and then running express to North Station. Riders desiring service to or from Reading and Oak Grove should disembark at Anderson/Woburn and board the shuttle bus service.
The October Bus Diversion Schedule in pdf form is attached below.