The Select Board will be meeting tonight and will be having two potential executive sessions on the agenda. The first would be dealing with contract negotiations with the town manager, Fidel Maltez. Fidel originally signed a 3 year contract back in January 2022 with a base salary of $185,000 plus benefits.
The second executive session involves the RFP the town issued for potential properties for a new senior/community center. The original Walgreens property, that the board had been discussing as a possible site, was sold last month. In an update to RECALC last week, it may be back on the market again as well as 25 Haven Street, the former Rite Aid. 25 Haven, is currently listed for sale at $2,700,000.
Times below are approximate:
- 7:00 Overview of Meeting
- 7:05 Public Comment
- 7:15 SB Liaison and Town Manager Reports
- 7:20 Discuss/Vote to Authorize Debt from the MWRA Local Financial Assistance Program
- 7:45 Discussion and Vote to Approve Reading’s Housing Production Plan
- 8:00 Discussion and Vote on Town Manager Annual Review
- 8:30 Potential Executive Session Purpose 2: Conduct strategy session in preparation for contract negotiations with Town Manager Fidel Maltez and/or conduct contract negotiations with Town Manager Fidel Maltez
- 9:30 Discuss responses to request for proposals (RFP) for the purchase property for municipal use, including an executive session under Purpose 6 to consider the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of the real property identified in the RFP responses. NOTE: Responses to the RFP are due by 1pm on January 23. This agenda item will be amended after the responses are opened with the location of the properties identified in any submitted response.
- 10:00 Discuss Future Agendas
- 10:15 Approve Meeting Minutes
The meeting will take place in the Select Board meeting room at Town Hall at 7pm. The public can attend in person or watch via several options: via a broadcast on RCTV’s YouTube channel at this link or on the RCTV Government Channel (Xfinity ch 22, Verizon ch 33). The Zoom link for this meeting is: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88120292250