The Reading School Committee (SC) is meeting on Thursday October 20, 2022. The meeting is being held at 7pm at the Reading Memorial High School (RMHS) library and will be broadcast by RCTV and also be accessible via zoom. Links to watch are listed below.
The packet is here but as of this writing (4pm Thurs 10/20/2022), there is not a lot of information in the packet relating to the substantive meeting topics. Hopefully, the packet will be updated after the meeting to include the presentations, for those unable to watch this evening (or who would prefer to watch our Rockets beat Winchester!). But I digress…
The meeting will include the following votes: a vote on the updated district improvement plan, a vote on which school committee member will serve as a representative on the Symonds Way Exploratory Committee (the charge of this committee is shown on p. 30-31 of the packet), and a vote on the minutes of the 10/6/2022 meeting.
In addition, the meeting will include presentations and/or discussions on:
- The new Seal of Biliteracy Program at RMHS (p. 6-15 of packet)
- Updated district improvement plan (brief mention at p. 25 but no slides – the memo indicates that the updated plan includes “some tweaks in the initiatives and evidence of progress sections to be more specific and directional.”
- An outside consultant’s review of our four of our special education programs, – REACH, SOAR, SAIL, and EMBARC. The consultants have completed their reviews of these four programs and a program review of R.I.S.E. is currently ongoing. This all is mentioned at p. 28 of packet, but no slides on this are in the packet.
- Broad focus areas of draft Superintendent goals for the 2022-2023 school year
- Human Resources Quarterly Dashboard that is inclusive of all relevant human resource actions between July 1, 2022, through October 20, 2022 (no details in packet)
- Student Advisory Committee Approach Discussion and Liaison Assignment
HOW TO WATCH THIS MEETING
The RCTV YouTube live stream link to watch the meeting is here:
You can also watch via Xfinity channel 99 or Verizon channel 32.
The zoom link to join the meeting is here:
Meeting ID: 836 5702 1146