The Finance Committee (Fincom) is meeting this evening, along with the Select Board, School Committee and Killam School Building Committee for their financial forum discussion. This is the first in a series of two financial forums, with the second to be on 10/26/2022. This meeting is being held at 7pm at the Reading Memorial High School (RMHS) library and will be broadcast by RCTV and also be accessible via zoom information at the end of this article..
Fincom typically hosts at least one Financial Forum in the fall, bringing together the Select Board and School Committee in an Open Meeting. Municipal Finance Staff and Fincom share financial projections.
DETAILS ABOUT THE MEETING:
- Sean Cronin, Senior Deputy Commissioner of Local Services (DOR) will be presenting the Municipal Finance Presentation followed by Q&A.
- The School Department will be presenting the information on the Killam School warrant article that was voted on by the Select Board last night for inclusion in November’s town meeting.
- Town Manager Fidel Maltez, will be discussing the purchasing of property for a Senior Center (Pages 42-50 are the info on senior center, including RFP response and possible plans/costs)
- Town Accountant Sharon Angstrom will be giving a town finance overview including projection of Free Cash, Revenue Projection and Budget Preview. (p. 51-61 are the slides with the financial picture of the town)
- School Superintendent Tom Milaschewski & Finance Director of Schools Susan Bottan will be giving a school finance overview for FY2024.
Also, on the agenda is approving the meeting minutes of the August 17th, 2022 meeting and future meeting agendas.
HOW TO WATCH THIS MEETING
The RCTV YouTube live stream link to watch the meeting is here. You can also watch via Xfinity channel 22 or Verizon channel 33.
The zoom link to join the meeting is here: https://readingpsma.zoom.us/j/83657021146
DOCUMENTS FOR THIS MEETING: