The Select Board will be meeting tonight in the Select Board meeting room at Town Hall at 7pm. The first scheduled public hearing of the night will be a discussion and vote on the FY24 Non-Union Classification and Compensation Schedules. Grades A-N are on the Town of Reading’s Classification Plan, ranging from clerks to the Police and Fire Chief. Reading also has a 14 Step Compensation Plan, ranging from an annual salary of $37,967 at step A1 to $160,212 at step N14.
The next Public Hearing on the agenda will be the continued discussion on the FY24 Water & Sewer Rates. This will be another opportunity where the public can ask questions and provide feedback to the board. With Reading pursuing a “tiered” water rate change, the following is being presented in the packet on page (14) to the Select Board tonight:
- The Board asked that we hold a Public Forum for residents. This is scheduled for May 31.
- We developed a tool to project Residents’ Water & Sewer bill by inputting their usage. We will demonstrate that tool on our public forum on May 31.
- The Board will be asked to vote on Water & Sewer rates on June 6, following the public hearing.
Lastly, there is a discussion and vote on issuing an RFP for Feasibility Study for New Senior Center as 17 Harnden Street, the former Walgreens, fell through last month. The complete agenda is outlined below.
- 7:00 Overview of Meeting
- 7:05 Public Comment
- 7:15 SB Liaison & Town Manager Reports
- 7:30 National Public Works Week Proclamation
- 7:35 Arbor Day Proclamation
- 7:40 HEARING – Discuss/Vote on FY24 Non-Union Classification and Compensation Schedules
- 8:00 HEARING – Continue Discussion on FY24 Water and Sewer Rates
- 8:30 Committee Report from CPDC
- 8:55 Vote on Letter of Support for MBTA Communities Grant
- 9:00 Discussion on Next Steps on Town Wide Masterplan
- 9:15 Vote on Local option to increase the Cost of Living Adjustment (“COLA”) for Fiscal Year 2023 to up to 5 percent on the base amount specified pursuant to G.L. c. 32, § 103, for retirees.
- 9:20 Vote on Select Board Liaison Assignments
- 9:30 Vote on Potential Changes to ReCalc Charge and Sunset Date
- 9:40 Vote on Clarification of SWEC Charge, as Requested by Committee
- 9:45 Vote on Issuing RFP for Feasibility Study for New Senior Center
- 9:55 Pride Month Resolution
- 10:00 Juneteenth Resolution
- 10:05 Discuss Future Agendas
- 10:10 Approve Meeting Minutes
The meeting will take place in the Select Board meeting room at Town Hall at 7pm. The public can attend in person or watch via several options: via a broadcast on RCTV’s YouTube channel at this link or on the RCTV Government Channel (Xfinity ch 22, Verizon ch 33). The Zoom link for this meeting is: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84221590147