The Killam School Building Committee (KSBC) met on Monday, March 20, 2023 at 6PM. The Owner’s Project Manager (OPM) bidding and approval process was identified and discussed. If the process goes as planned, we will have a contract with an OPM by August 15, 2023. Some key dates to the process are as follows:
- April 5, 2023 – Request for Services (RFS) will appear in the Central Register of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as well as a newspaper with a circulation in the Reading area.
- April 18, 2023 – There will be an informational meeting for bidders and site tour given by staff.
- May 3, 2023 – Bids are due to Town Hall by 2PM.
- KSBC will have two weeks to review and rank bid proposals.
- May 15, 2023 – KSBC will meet to discuss bidder/respondent short list (at least 3)
- May 17, 2023 – There will be an identified subcommittee (4 members of the KSBC) who will interview short-listed bidders/respondents.
- May 22, 2023 – KSBC meeting to vote on selected bidder/respondent.
- May 23, 2023 – Negotiation with selected bidder/respondent.
- June 14, 2023 – Final selection submitted to the MSBA for review and approval.
- July 10, 2023 – MSBA OPM Review Panel Meeting and vote.
- August 15, 2023 – Anticipated execution of contract.
The KSBC is scheduled to meet again on April 26th at 6:00PM. For a refresher on why the Killam School is being recommended for replacement, please see our drone aerial video below with a voice-over of the Town Meeting Warrant Article that discussed it.