The Select Board will be meeting tonight with a packed agenda. The first of many main topics of discussion will be the Town Accountant Financial Update by Sharon Angstrom with a vote to appoint her immediately following.
Also on the agenda is a preview of the FY24 Water & Sewer Rates by Town Manager, Fidel Maltez. The town is pursuing “Tiered Rates” with the Lowest Tiers capturing people living alone, seniors, and small users. The Middle Tiers capturing average residential users and the Higher Tiers allows commercial accounts and larger residential users to conserve to avoid the highest tier consumption.
Lastly, there is a discussion on the purchase of real property for municipal use, including a potential executive session under Purpose 6 to consider the value of 17 Harnden Street, the former Walgreens building as a potential senior/community center. In the packet, it’s listed as a total projected project cost of $28.43m – $34.8m.
- 7:00 Overview of Meeting
- 7:05 Public Comment
- 7:15 SB Liaison and Town Manager Reports
- 7:30 Town Accountant Financial Update
- 8:00 Vote to Appoint Town Accountant to a term July 2023 – July 2024
- 8:10 Town Counsel Discussion
- 8:30 Vote on VASC Recommendations to appoint volunteers to various boards
- 8:45 Preview of FY24 Water & Sewer Rates
- 9:00 Vote to Close Warrant for April Town Meeting
- 9:15 Discussion and Vote on Town Manager Goals
- 9:30 Fostering Volunteering for Reading boards
- 9:40 Discuss the purchase of real property for municipal use, including a potential executive session under Purpose 6 to consider the value of 17 Harnden Street
- 9:50 Discuss Future Agendas
- 10:00 Approve Meeting Minutes
The meeting will take place in the Select Board meeting room at Town Hall at 7pm. The public can attend in person or watch via several options: via a broadcast on RCTV’s YouTube channel at this link or on the RCTV Government Channel (Xfinity ch 22, Verizon ch 33). The Zoom link for this meeting is: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87542016468